2008 - 2010 - MFA, Fine Arts, Glasgow School of Art, UK
2005 - 2007 - MA, Visual arts and Visual Communication Design, Sabanci University, Istanbul, Turkey
2001 - 2005 - BA, Painting and Drawing, Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, Istanbul, Turkey
1999 - 2001 - Self-initiated course change, Radio TV and Cinema, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey.
2017 - Shona Projects, Eilean Shona, Scotland
2014 - Sirius Art Centre, Cobh, Cork, Republic of Ireland
2013 - Seoul Art Space Geumcheon, Seoul, Korea (3 month)
- Satellite Art Space, Al Quoz, Dubai, UAE (1 month)
2012 - AIR Dubai/Art Dubai Projects
2010 - Return to Walden, Passy, Burgundy, France (15 days)
2021 - Glasgow Visual Artists Award, production grant.
2020 - Nineveh Charitable Trust, grant towards learning through gardening and outdoor play with children.
- Swap Market Window Display commission by The People's Bank of Govanhill.
2017 - Hope Scott Trust, production grant.
2015 - Creative Scotland, Open Project Fund.
2014 - Turkish Cultural Foundation, Cultural Exchange Fellowship Programme.
- SAHA production grant.
2013 - Arts Trust Scotland, production grant.
- Glasgow Visual Artists Award, production grant.
- Film commission by Farook Foundation
2012 - Two joint commissions by Delfina Foundation, Art Dubai, Tashkeel, Dubai Culture and Heritage
- Nominated for Smithsonian Artist Research Fellowship
- Nominated for Future Generation Art Prize
2011 - Nominated and shortlisted for Sovereign European Art Prize
- Selected to represent Turkey in Henkel Art Awards for Central and Eastern European Artists
2011 - Success Award, the Association of Painting and Sculpture Museums, Turkey.
2005-2007 - Full Scholarship towards MA degree
Selected Solo Exhibitions
2018 - Citadel, The Art Exchange, The University of Essex, Wivenhoe, UK
- Citadel, The Briggait, Glasgow, Glasgow International 2018, UK
2016 - The Polity of Φ : The Consulate, (in collaboration with Alberta Whittle), Intermedia Gallery, CCA during Glasgow International 2016, UK
- The Polity of Φ : The Call, (in collaboration with Alberta Whittle), Glasgow Project Room, Glasgow, UK
2011 - Invited and Volunteered, Rampa, Istanbul, Turkey
- Encrypting Signs on the Fabric of a Rhizome (with Tom Harrup), La Giarina Gallery, Verona, Italy.
- Extracting Souvenirs From the Centre of the Sediment (with Tom Harup), The Briggait, Glasgow, UK.
2010 - Finger to a Blind Eye (with Tom Harrup), Umbrella Art Space, Leeds, UK
- Light Courses (with Elif Susler) Elgiz Contemporary Art Museum, Istanbul, Turkey
- Earthworm and Tambour Powder (with Tom Harrup). Trongate 103, Glasgow, UK
2009 - *serving suggestion (with Tom Harrup), Mclellan Galleries, Glasgow, UK
2007 - What is Opposed to I, Fassart Gallery, Istanbul, Turkey
Selected Group Exhibitions
2022 - The Promise of the Grass. Mardin Biennial, The German Headquarters, Mardin.
- Myths and Dreams, Arkas Art Centre, Izmir.
2021 - Ambiguous (Muglak), Vision Art Platform, Istanbul.
- Tempo Incognito: On Flows, Rhythm and Movement, Depo, Istanbul.
- Govan Sculpture Trail, Govan Old Parish Church, Glasgow.
- Istanbul State of Mind, Fashion Week Istanbul, Siraselviler, Istanbul.
- Artweeks, Akaretler, Istanbul.
2020 - If These are Your Footprints, Monitor, Izmir, Turkey. (Two-person)
2018 - The Future of Ecology, Corridor Project Space, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
2017 - 25H Oost, Corridor Project Space, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
2015 - Reality as a Method for Fiction, Juan Downey Centre for Digital Art, Puerto Varas, Chile
- We Can't Be There. Emergency Provisions for (Un)Anticipated Futures. Film screening and Panel Discussion, ICA, London, UK.
- Yarat Public Art Festival, Yarat Contemporary Art Space, Baku Azerbaijan
- Bulusma-Reunion, Sabanci Museum, Istanbul, Turkey
- Papay Gyro Nights 2015, Papa Westray, Orkney, Scotland
- Papay Gyro Nights 2015, Hong Kong
2014 - 20XX: Relics, Co-Pilot, Istanbul, Turkey
- We All Live on the Same Sea, Sirius Art Centre, Cobh, Republic of Ireland
- Edinburgh Art Festival, Garage, Edinburgh, UK
- Damascus Visual Arts Festival, Center for Art and Media, ZKM, Karlsruhe, Germany
- !f Istanbul Independent Film Festival, Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Turkey
- Encounters: Listening to the City, Maraya Art Center, Sharjah, UAE
2013 - Exiled Prophet: A Constructed World, Seoul Art Space Geumcheon, Seoul, Korea
- For the Jettisoned and Scattered (gesture), Seoul Art Space Geumcheon, Seoul, Korea
- Bashibazouk, The Empire Project, Istanbul, Turkey
- Damascus Visual Arts Festival, Depo, Istanbul, Turkey
2012 - Encounters: Contemporary Turkish Art in Korea, Ara Gallery, Seoul, Korea
- Intentional Community: Video Art from Finland and UK, XL Art Space, Helsinki, Finland
- Cambo Project, Historic Cambo Stables, Fife, UK
- Art Dubai Projects, Medina Jumeira, Dubai, UAE
- Sikka Art Fair, Al Bastakiya, Dubai, UAE
- Stanza Poetry Festival, St Andrews, Scotland
2011 - Confessions of Dangerous Minds, Contemporary Art from Turkey, Saatchi Gallery, London, UK
- The 2011 Sovereign Eurpean Art Prize, Haskoy Yun Iplik Fabrikasi, Istanbul, Turkey
- Cupar Arts Festival, Kirk Wynd Warehouse in Cupar, Fife, UK
- Garage 2.0, video screenings, Kuenstlerhaus Dortmund, Germany
- Young Scottish Video Work, Collaborative video screening between Collective Gallery and Pist, Istanbul , Turkey
2010 - UK Young Artists 01, University of Derby, UK
- Definite Article, Kuenstlerhaus Bethanian, Berlin, Germany
- 29th Contemporary Artists Istanbul, Akbank Sanat, Istanbul, Turkey
- Weaving Plants, Lauriston Castle Glasshouse, Edinburgh, UK
- Traces of Walden, TPTP Space, Paris, France
- Return to Walden, Village Church of Passy, Burgundy, France
- 53 Degrees North, The New School House Gallery, York, UK
- As We Speak, Stereo, Glasgow International 2010, Glasgow, UK
2009 - They are Clever, and They Know Everything That Has Ever Happened, Video Screening. Glasgow Centre of Contemporary Art, Glasgow, UK.
- Jamie Radcliffe the Exhibition, SWG3 Studio Warehouse, Glasgow, UK
2008 - Biennial of Young Artists from Europe and the Mediterranean-XIII edition, Puglia, Italy
- Bizarre, Freak, Strange, Skew, Daire Sanat, Istanbul, Turkey
- Art is My Playground, Kucukciftlik Amusement Park, Istanbul, Turkey
- Borders Orbits 3, Siemens Gallery, Istanbul, Turkey
2022 – "Homo-Scylla'lar Ne Bakteri, Ne Insan, Hem Bakteri Hem de Insanlar. Interview with Aysegul Sonmez, 12/06/2022
2021 – "Utopyanin riski ve Bir Fail Olarak Izleyici. Interview with Ibrahim Cansizoglu. 06/04/2021
2014 – "Irlanda'da Denizasiri bir Sergi", Rana Ozturk, Istanbul Art News, October 2014
2013 - “Deniz Uster’s ‘Beyond is Before”:Ruins in Reverse, Alexandra Macgilp, WTD, Watad Magazine, Embryonic
- ‘’A Survey of Emerging Contemporary Sculptors from Around the World”, Aaron Cezar, Take on Art, Sculpture, Volume III
- “Guncel Sanatin Dinamik Isimleri (Dynamic Names of Contemporary Art)”, Didem Sandikci, Artam Global Art and Design, Summer 2013.
- “Gelecekten Efsaneler (Myths from the Future)”, Gunes Uysalefe, L’Officiel de la Couture, June 2013
- “Hepsi Birer Basibozuk (They are all Bashibazouks), Deniz Inceoglu, Hurriyet Keyif, Mayis 2013
2012 - “Setting Up House’’ on AIR Dubai, Canvas Magazine, March 2012
- “Deniz Uster Artist in Residence at Art Dubai”, Simone Sebastian, Satellite Voices, Dazed Digital, March 2012
- ”Noises Off’’, The National-UAE Newspaper, February
- Art Dubai Fair Comes to an End for Another Year, Christopher Lord, The National, March 2012
- “Artist Creations Inspired by Al Bastakiya”, Al Bayan Newspaper, Rasha Al Maleh, March 2012
2011 - “Artist Interview-Deniz Uster”, Ipek Turkgulu, Underwrite Art, May 2011
2010 - “Botanik Sanat Beraberligi Bu Sergide (The Coexistence of Botanic and Arts is in this Exhibition)”, Hurriyet Aile-Turkish Newspaper, October,2010
- “Art Erupts Out of a Fine Mess”, Phil Miller, The Herald, June 2010.
- “Art Review, Undergraduate Degree Show, MFA Degree Show.”, The Scotsman, June 2010
- “Deniz Uster-Belirsizlik, Melezlik ve Kirilganlik (Deniz Uster-Ambiguity, Hybridity and Vulnerability)”, Hurriyet Aile-Turkish Newspaper, July, 2010
- “Neuf Artistes trés nature en residence”, L’Yonne Républicaine-French Newspaper, August 2010
2008 - “Lezzeti Insan Uzuvlari (Tasty Human Limbs)” Umut Eroglu, Radikal-Turkish Newspaper,June 2008.
- “Gencler Bienalinden Dunyaya (From the Biennial of Young Artists to the World)”, Julide Karahan, Radikal Newspaper, June 2008
- “Ogrenci Sergisinin Otesinde (Far Beyond a Student Exhibition)”, Ahu Antmen, Radikal Newspaper, May 2008